WILLIS.COM: PRIVACY NOTICE
In this Privacy Notice we tell you:
- who we are;
- what we do with personal information you provide to us and/or which we collect through this website;
- who it will be shared with.
- WHO WE ARE
This is the website of the Willis Group (“Willis”). Willis Group Holdings PLC, a company incorporated in the Republic of Ireland, is the ultimate holding company for the Group. The Willis Group operates worldwide with subsidiary and affiliate companies in the USA, Canada, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Eastern and Western Europe, Russia, the Middle East, United Kingdom and Ireland.
Keeping customer information secure is a priority for Willis. This website contains links to other websites. This Privacy Notice is specific to Willis.com. There are links from Willis.com to further Willis websites and to further web pages of Willis.com which may be subject to specific terms and conditions of use including separate privacy notices and terms. You must not provide personal information if you do not accept those terms and conditions of use.
- WILLIS WEBSITE
Willis.com is hosted on servers in the United States. If you are located outside the US, your provision of personal information or other access to our website constitutes your transfer of personal data to the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws in your own jurisdiction. Willis maintains appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the security of your data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration. Despite this, the security of the transmission of information via the internet cannot always be guaranteed and you acknowledge this in your access and use of this website.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The type of information we may collect includes:
- your name, address, occupation and other contact information;
- information regarding your dealings with us;
- any interest you have in relation to our services or our practice areas; and
- any information you may voluntarily submit to us by completing any form on this website.
We may collect the information in various ways:
WHAT WE MAY DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- from forms you may fill in on our website (including in relation to any requests for marketing material or job information);
- from feedback and inquiry forms completed, for example information collected from the “Contact Us” page of our website;
- from the content of surveys that you may complete on our website;
- from details of your visits to and usage of our website including the date and time of your visit, the internet address from which you visited and the resources on our website that you viewed; and
- when you provide information as a client in connection with us providing professional services to you. Such information may be collected through Willis.com when clients access Willis client links within this website. Access will be subject to the terms of business we have with clients and any additional terms and conditions of use attached to those sites.
We may use information held about you in the following ways and for purposes specified in the relevant parts of the website:
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to facilitate your participation in interactive features on our website, that you may choose to use;
- to correspond with you, notify you of events or changes to our service, or otherwise to respond to your requests for information, which may include marketing to you; and
- for the purposes of providing professional services to you via Willis applications: such services will be subject to additional terms and conditions of use including privacy.
Willis may disclose your personal data to any company within the Willis Group for the uses and purposes set out above. We may disclose your personal information to independent third parties:
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOUR COMPUTER
- in accordance with the separate terms and conditions of use that may attach to Willis website links.
When you visit our website, our server may record your IP address for the purposes of systems administration. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information. Willis may also gather other non-personal information from you (from which Willis cannot identify you), such as the type of your internet browser, which Willis uses to provide you with a more effective service.
Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a more efficient service more relevant to your needs. During your visit to our website, cookies enable us to speed up your searches, recognise your preferences and remember you during your visit.
Willis maintains appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the security of your data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration. Despite this, the security of the transmission of information via the internet cannot always be guaranteed and you acknowledge this in your access and use of this website.
If you have any queries regarding Willis’ use of personal data through the website, please contact our Group Head of Compliance, at The Willis Building, 51 Lime Street, London, EC3M 7DQ, United Kingdom, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice is dated: April 2012